National Community Land Trust Network
This grant contributes to the ongoing work of the National Community Land Trust Network. It will support the organisation to influence decision-makers; support its members; and work to secure adequate funding for community-led housing projects across England and Wales.
Why we are funding this project
To support the national infrastructure required to allow the community-led housing sector to grow at scale.
To support the increase and availability of suitable and affordable finance at every stage of community-led housing development and to increase the access to land and properties not currently used as homes.
This funding contributes to the core funding of the National Community Land Trust Network over three years, ensuring that its work in empowering community land trusts as well as community-led housing more widely can continue. Importantly, the funding will also support the lobbying work that the network engages in with government.
The funded work of the National Community Land Trust Network falls into six separate areas, these are:
- The development and progression of an advocacy strategy
- A new policy campaign to bring about positive changes for community land trusts and the wider community-led housing sector
- Compilation of data to make sure that a robust case can be made in favour of community-led housing with policymakers
- Provide advocacy support to regional community-led housing hubs so that they can achieve change in their areas
- Improving the finance available for community-led housing
- Building and strengthening partnerships so that more high-profile people speak up in support of community land trusts.